Proud Sponsor of Ebley Youth Under 14s Football Team

  • By Caroline Kerry
  • 03 Apr, 2017

A brilliant win this weekend!

Here at Kerry Maintenance, we sponsor Ebley Youth under 14s football club.
On Sunday Ebley Youth Won the cup final against Quedgeley.
Well done boys, very proud!!! 
By Caroline Kerry 07 Dec, 2017
Here is a water cylinder that we removed from a property in Nailsworth. Half of the cylinder was filled up with limescale resulting in the tenant only getting half a bath of hot water. 
By Caroline Kerry 10 Oct, 2017

1.       Bleed radiators

Make sure all your radiators are heating fully to the top. If they are cold at the top there is a chance that they need bleeding. When you bleed a radiator, it releases the air which is trapped at the top that is stopping the hot water from rising.

2.       Clear in front of radiators

Make sure none of your radiators are blocked by furniture. Clear a space in front so energy isn't lost or wasted heating something that doesn't need heating.

3.       Keep curtains closed

Make sure you keep your curtains closed at night to help keep the cold out. If you have long curtains, tuck them behind the radiator so the heat can come into the room and not straight out the window. But remember to open them during the day to let the sunlight in and warm your house.

4.       Close doors

Keeping doors closed helps keep the heat in the room and having a smaller area will also take less time and energy to heat. It is also a good idea to keep doors shut to rooms that you are not using and to turn off the radiators. This can save you heating a room which is not needed.

5.       Service your boiler

It is important to have your boiler serviced annually to make sure it is running correctly and efficiently. It can also keep any warranty on the boiler up-to-date. Servicing your boiler can help avoid bothersome breakdowns and costly fees.

By Caroline Kerry 20 Sep, 2017
By Caroline Kerry 18 Sep, 2017

In support of Gas Safety Week (18-24 September 2017), local Gas Safe registered engineers from Kerry Maintenance Ltd in Stroud want to raise awareness of gas safety issues and emphasise the importance of having an annual gas safety check carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.


Gas Safety Week aims to encourage people from Stroud to get their gas appliances checked at least once a year. Poorly maintained gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. There have been 21 deaths and over 800 gas-related injuries in the last three years.

 

By law, only Gas Safe registered engineers can work on gas appliances. An estimated 5m UK households put themselves at risk by employing illegal fitters who aren't qualified to do gas work. It's therefore vital you make sure your engineer is registered with the official gas authority, Gas Safe Register.

 

Brothers, Matt and Scott Kerry who own Kerry Maintenance said: "We check that people's gas appliances are working safely and efficiently as part of our day-to-day work. In most cases, residents are unaware of the danger they and their family could be in if their gas appliance is found to be unsafe. For this reason, we're pledging our support for Gas Safety Week and doing our bit to raise awareness of gas safety issues among the public in Stroud, to let residents know what steps they can take to keep themselves safe."

 

  • Jonathan Samuel, managing director for Gas Safe Register, said: "We know from our own investigations that one in six gas appliances in the UK are unsafe3. Unsafe gas appliances can cause carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning or fires, putting people's lives at risk. It's great to have the support of Kerry Maintenance this Gas Safety Week. By working together we can raise further awareness of gas safety, to help reduce the number of dangerous gas appliances that could be lurking in people's homes." 

 

Stay Gas Safe at home this Gas Safety Week by following these top tips:

  •  Sign up to a free annual gas safety check reminder service at www.staygassafe.co.uk .
  • Know the signs of an unsafe gas appliance:A lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue flame; soot or staining on or around the appliance; excess condensation in the room.
  •  Recognise the symptoms of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. CO poisoning is known as the 'silent killer' as it has no smell, taste or colour. The symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness, which can easily be mistaken for something else.
  • 'Trust the Triangle' and always ask to see an engineer's Gas Safe ID card, checking it to make sure the engineer is qualified to check or fit the appliance in question.

 

If you smell gas or think there might be a gas leak, call the free 24 hour national gas emergency number immediately on 0800 111 999.



 

 

By Caroline Kerry 15 Sep, 2017

We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2017, taking place 18th - 24th September.

Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas. 

Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can't see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.

By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones. Follow these few simple checks to keep you and your family safe.

  • Check your gas appliances every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants - make sure your landlord arranges this. Set a reminder so you don't forget at www.staygassafe.co.uk
  • Check your engineer is Gas Safe registered. You can find and check an engineer at www.gassaferegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500.
  • Check your engineer's Gas Safe Register ID card. Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
  • Check for warning signs your appliances aren't working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
  • Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning - headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
  • Have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.

 

Landlords are legally responsible for the safety of their tenants. Landlords should make sure maintenance and annual safety checks on gas appliances are carried out by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

  • If you're a landlord, you are legally obliged to make sure:
  • Pipe-work, appliances and flues provided for tenants are maintained in a safe condition.
  • All appliances and flues provided for tenants use have an annual safety check. Set a reminder so you don't forget at www.staygassafe.co.uk
  • Maintenance and annual safety checks are carried out by an engineer registered with Gas Safe Register.
  • All gas equipment (including any appliance left by a previous tenant) is safe or otherwise removed before re-letting.
  • A Gas Safety Record is provided to the tenant within 28 days of completing the check or to any new tenant before they move in.
  • You keep a copy of the Gas Safety Record for two years.

 

Before any gas work is carried out always check the engineers ID card and make sure the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing. Encourage your tenants to do the same.

 

By Caroline Kerry 03 Apr, 2017
All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning the egg is book a Gas Appliance Service before Easter!

Its as easy as that, if you are not lucky enough to win the egg you will still receive a 10% discount off your boiler service :)

Good Luck!
By Caroline Kerry 03 Apr, 2017
Here at Kerry Maintenance, we sponsor Ebley Youth under 14s football club.
On Sunday Ebley Youth Won the cup final against Quedgeley.
Well done boys, very proud!!! 
By Caroline Kerry 22 Mar, 2017
As we know how fatal Carbon Monoxide Poisoning can be, we have dedicated one of our leaflets to let everyone know the facts.
It is now a legal requirement to have a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in every rental property!
Have a read of the leaflet, I'm sure there is at least one symptom of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning  you wouldn't be aware of....
By Caroline Kerry 21 Mar, 2017
These are a little reminder that Kerry Gas Engineers are available to help with any breakdowns or services on any Gas Appliance.
Please give us a call if you have any queries or need any advice, we are happy to help!!

Share by: